Kotlety (polish Meat Patties)From christinem 1 year ago
How to make it
- Mix together onions, egg and cracker crumbs in medium bowl. Let sit for about 5 minutes to soften up the crackers.
- Add ground beef and mix well, seasoning well with salt & pepper.
- Heat margarine or oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Shape beef mixture into patties, about the size of a deck of cards. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes at medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes; flip over and cook 5 more minutes.
- Serve any way you want - burger style or with gravy or sauteed onions.
- Notes: This was my husband's grandmother's recipe, although years ago there were more cracker crumbs than beef. They would serve leftovers in tomato sauce as meatballs. The margarine was a must, according to my father-in-law, but I have slowly weaned my husband over to olive oil (ssshhhh - he has no clue!) I like these for the history of them, but honestly I douse mine with steak sauce or mushroom gravy! ;) Still, it is total comfort food.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- mandymoore Wiggins, Ms
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- champagnetime Straits Of Juan De Fuca, WA
- Cherrill Pizarra, Spain
- marmielindo Inverness, FL
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- NPMarie Magalia, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchristinem Worcester, MA
The Rating1 people
Thanks for sharing your family recipe:)
Hi Christinem:) I was looking at this recipe because I'm going to be making it soon (again!) and I noticed it hasn't been added to the "I Made It Group" When you get a chance please add it! Thanks:)