Baked Fried ChickenFrom JoeyJoan 6 months ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven 425 place rack low in the oven but not on the bottom
- place the flour and milk in to 2 separate bowls.
- Season the flour to taste
- dredge the chicken pieces in the flour
- dip the chicken in the milk
- dredge the chicken in the flour again
- Place coated chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet with a lip
- Be sure and use the parchment paper. It will turn a little brown in the oven but won't burn and the chicken will not stick to it so instead of leaving the delicious crispy coating on the pan it stays on the meat.
- Put the chicken in a preheated 425 oven on a lower rack but not the bottom.
- Bake till juices run clear about 40 minute to an hour. Turn the chicken once about half way through baking.
- If you don't have sour milk using lemon juice or vinegar will sour the milk
People Who Like This Dish 12
The CookJoeyJoan Burlington County, New Jersey
The Rating1 people
I've made lots of oven fried chicken but have never tried it on the lower rack or with parchment paper. I'm gonna give this a whirl!frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
I tried this out today. I had four thighs and although they were big, I don't believe they totaled four pounds. I didn't have enough flour with the 5 Tbs. I needed more so I am not certain how 5 Tbs. of flour covers four pounds of chicken.
...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it