Enchilada SauceFrom pinchmysalt 8 years ago
- 2 T. butter shopping list
- 2 T. flour shopping list
- 2 T. olive oil shopping list
- 2 C. water shopping list
- 1/2 t. cumin shopping list
- 1/2 t. unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 t. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 t. garlic powder shopping list
- 2 T. chili powder (part of this was chipotle chili powder) shopping list
- 1/8 t. cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl mix together chili powder, cumin, flour, and cocoa powder. Heat butter and oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour mix and cook and stir for about a minute. Then whisk in 2 cups of water and tomato sauce, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add garlic powder, salt, brown sugar and cinnamon and cook, stirring continually, until thickened. Taste and correct seasonings as desired.
- To make the "whole enchilada" just dip the tortillas in the sauce, fill with cheese and put into baking dish. Do this until the baking dish is filled. Once filled, put on some extra sauce, and sprinkle a little cheese and olives ontop. You can also drop in any meat in there too.
The Cookpinchmysalt Sicily, IT
The Rating9 people
I am going to have to try this one, it sounds really good.dariana in loved it
I am doing a fiesta luncheon for the ladies aid society on Thursday. I made a small batch of this sauce just to check it out. I LOVE IT! I loved it soooo much that I made a gallon of it for the luncheon. I just know that the ladies will go nuts for i...moredandelion in Ashland loved it
Good flavor. A little sweet. Backed off on the chili powder a little.
See also: Enchilada Sauce
1/24/14pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!