Seven Layer SaladFrom dugger 8 years ago
- 1 head lettuce, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup red onion, shredded shopping list
- 8 Ounces peas, frozen shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 cups mayonnaise shopping list
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 8 slices bacon, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the bacon crisp, drain it and put on paper towel to remove as much grease as possible.
- Shred the lettuce and spread in a layer on the bottom of a large salad bowl.
- Add a layer of celery. Then a layer of red onion. Then a layer of frozen peas. Add the peas frozen, don't thaw them.
- Keep each layer separate, don't mix together.
- Mix the sugar and mayonnaise and spread in a layer on top of the peas.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the mayonnaise layer.
- Add the crumbled bacon on top.
- Cover with food wrap or foil and refrigerate overnight.
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating7 people
Hi this is a great salad my husband makes it for pot lucks and when we have neighbor hood socials. this is a good one the only diffrence is he puts a little seasoning on top called salad delights from macormick but i think i like it better with out t...moremaywest in Tangerine loved it
This is a family favorite. I managed to misplace my file for it and my mom wanted me to make it for her birthday this Sunday. We add water chestnuts to the mix, too. Thanks, dugger!edensong in Nashville loved it
This was very goodveg in HAMILTON loved it