Mas Pork Chow MeinFrom kari46 7 years ago
- 2 large onions thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot shopping list
- 1-2 tablespoons garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced(any kind) shopping list
- 2 cups spinach or bok choy, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 4-6 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 4-5 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 6 tablespoons oyster sauce shopping list
- 2 pounds cooked pork, chopped(I use leftover pork roast) shopping list
- 16 ounces sliced canned water chestnuts shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions in small amount of butter or oil.
- When just beginning to brown slightly, add 1 tablespoon of sugar, if desired and garlic and mushrooms and cook 3 minutes
- Add spinach and cook 1 minute
- Add chicken broth, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce and cornstarch together then add to broth mixture, stirring and simmering until thickened
- Add pork and water chestnuts and heat through.
- I serve this with rice and crispy chinese noodles.