Seared Scallops with Meyer Lemon VinaigretteFrom myhusbandcooks 9 years ago
- 12 large scallops (10-20 size) shopping list
- 1 head red leaf lettuce shopping list
- 2 tsp. sesame oil (but can substitute vegetable) shopping list
- 3 meyer lemons (juice) shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. fine ground black pepper or grains of paradise* shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Making the vinaigrette. In a medium-sized bowl, add the meyer lemon juice, sugar, salt and black pepper/grains of paradise. Whisk until the sugar and the salt are completely dissolved. While continuing to whisk, slowly add the oil to the juice. At this point, you want to taste and adjust any seasoning. For convenience, I move this to a squeeze bottle to make dressing the greens and scallops easier.
- Clean and rinse the head of lettuce. Chop the lettuce in thin ribbons about a quarter-inch wide. You are looking to make nice strands. Place in a bowl and lightly coat with vinaigrette (whisk again if the oil and juice have separated) it should only take a few tablespoons of liquid. You do not want wet greens as much as you want the with the nice taste.
- Searing the scallops. Pat dry the scallops with a paper towel. In a medium-sized pan over medium-high to high heat, add the oil. Once the oil begins to lightly smoke, add the scallops. Cook for about 2 min per side. You are looking for a nice brown color. It is important to not overcook them. Scallops can become quite hard if overcooked. You want to serve scallops not giant pale pencil erasers.
- Place about a handful of greens in the center of the plate. Make a nice pile. Place two scallops atop of the greens. Lightly drizzle a teaspoon of the vinaigrette over the scallops. Serve while the scallops are still warm. Enjoy!
The Cookmyhusbandcooks Alexandria, VA
The Rating6 people
I love scallops! I gonna try this! Yummy!wokkingmum in Singapore loved it
This is delicious. I love scallops and this one was wonderfulpsy333che in Long Branch loved it
I love this dish. Meyer lemon vinaigrette is a great dressing for anything, but on seared scallops; it is pure heaven. I have a Meyer lemon tree and when it has fruit, I have an abundance to use. This dressing is almost always in the frig when we ...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!