Tomato Blue Cheese SaladFrom krumkake 9 years ago
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, diced (not too fine - medium pieces are nice) shopping list
- 1 tsp or so of Jane’s Crazy Mixed Up salt (if you can't get this in your area, use a mixture of sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder and a little dried parsley) shopping list
- 2 to 4 ounces best creamy blue cheese, cut into small chunks (if you can get some Maytag Blue, that's my favorite...the creamier, the better) shopping list
- French dressing (honey French is excellent with this, as is the Lite version of that dressing) shopping list
How to make it
- Place the chopped tomatoes and onions into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt and gently stir.
- Allow it to set 5 or 10 minutes before continuing. If you want, you can drain off any excess liquid from the tomatoes before continuing.
- Add the chunks of blue cheese.
- Pour in just enough French dressing to moisten it at bit (you don't want your veggies floating in a lot of dressing - just a touch is best).
- Gently stir to combine everything.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chilled until you are ready to serve. I like to eat this immediately, when the flavors are the freshest.
- You can serve this over a bed of lettuce, too, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating1 people
Krum, I love the french dressing and blue cheese combination. When Moock's Tavern existed, it was their house dressing. Red Blue cheese dressing. Moock's was where all the old time baseball players would hang out during Spring Training here in St....morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it