Kahlua PieFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 16 chocolate cookies crushed shopping list
- 1/4 cup of melted butter shopping list
- 1 cup of coconut shopping list
- 1 pkg of unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 t. of salt shopping list
- 1 /12 cups of milk shopping list
- 2 t. instant coffee shopping list
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 3 eggs separated shopping list
- 1/4 cup of Kahlua shopping list
- 1/4 t of cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sugar shopping list
- 1/2 pint of heavy cream whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Mix crushed cookies, butter and coconut. Press into a nine inch pie pan.
- Combine the next 6 ingredients, up to the eggs. Cook in the top part of the double boiler until all is blended and gelatin is dissolved. Cool. Add beaten egg yolks to the chocolate mixture.
- Return to heat and cook until thickened about 5 minutes.
- Add Kahlua, and chill until slightly thick.
- Beat egg white until frothy and stir in the cream of tartar and beat until stiff, adding the sugar gradually.
- Fold into the the chocolate mixture. Chill.
- Whip cream and fold into other mixtures.
- Spoon into pie shell.
- Chill until firm.