Marshall Fields Meatloaf with Red Pepper SauceFrom mrspotatohead 7 years ago
- Meatloaf shopping list
- 4 ounces garlic-flavored salad croutons shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons prepared pesto shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 pounds ground round steak shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups julienned fresh spinach leaves shopping list
- Sauce shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, halved shopping list
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter (divided) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 cup beef broth shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Dash of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, diced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely crush croutons and combine with broth in small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add onions and cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs. Mix in pesto, pine nuts, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Add meat, spinach, cooked onion and crouton mixture. Mix well.
- Place mixture in bread pan and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Remove from pan and slice.
- Serve topped with sauce.
- Rub saucepan with garlic. Discard clove.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter over low heat.
- Add flour and stir until blended. Stir in beef broth.
- Stirring constantly, cook sauce until it comes to boil. Add salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Remove from heat, stir.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in medium skillet.
- Add bell pepper and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until it begins to soften.
- Add to reserved brown sauce.
- Adjust seasonings as needed and heat through.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating1 people
Made the meatloaf toninght and loved it! The only change I made was to add a little kitchen bouquet to the gravy, this made it a tad bit richer. Thanks for a great recipe, it is a keeper.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!