Baked Crispy Chicken StripsFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced into thin strips shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup crushed corn flakes or cheese crackers shopping list
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium glass or plastic bowl, combine 1 lb. chicken breast sliced into thin strips with 1/2 cup buttermilk. Cover and put in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup crushed corn flakes (or cheese crackers), 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. oregano, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper in large Ziploc bag.
- After chicken is chilled, drain off liquid and add to Ziploc bag, shaking to coat. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil to shallow baking pan. Add chicken. Bake for approximately 15 minutes on each side, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve with honey mustard dip or light ranch dressing.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
This recipe looks so very delicious! I love the crushed corn flakes. High 5!pippy in loved it
These are so far the crunchiest chicken tenders I've made and well seasoned, even compared to the fried one's! I used cornflakes and I bet this is delicious with the cheese crackers too. I added my pic and there is more info in the IMI --> moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it