Roasted Pepper Soup with Jalapeno CreamFrom harmonyk 9 years ago
- 3 tablespoons shallot, finely chopped = 44.4 milliliter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled 2.5(close) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter =15 milliliters shopping list
- 12 red bell peppers, roasted and chopped shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth = 0.71 liter shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream = 1.2 deciliter shopping list
- fresh lemon juice to taste shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 fresh jalapeo peppers, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt= 2.5 ml shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream 1.2 dl shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream 1.2 shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH heat. Place bell peppers on grill, and char on all sides, turning as needed. Remove from barbecue, and cool on a chopping board. When cool enough to handle, peel o the black skin, remove stem and seeds, and chop the flesh of the pepper.
- Using the sideburner of your barbecue, melt butter in a large, heavy dutch oven or stock pot, over LOW heat. Add the shallot and thyme, and stir until the shallot is soft. Add the bell peppers and chicken broth, and simmer the mixture, covered, until the peppers are very soft, about 15 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, pur©e the mixture in batches until it is very smooth. Return the mixture to a clean pot, and whisk in the cream. (Add more chicken stock if a thinner soup is desired). Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
- For the jalapeo cream, blend the jalapeo peppers, salt, garlic, sour cream, and heavy cream in a food processor or blender until combined well. (Overblending may curdle the cream). Force the mixture through a fine sieve set over a small bowl.
- To serve, let the jalapeo cream come to room temperature, and heat the soup separately. Ladle the soup into bowls and drizzle the cream over the soup decoratively.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- asetamy Milwaukee
- evekerr Semmes, AL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- floydc Palouse, WA
- cookinggood Leesburg, FL
- jakartainflames Jakarta, Indonesia
- recipesrule Winnipeg, CA
- lorijane Waterloo, CA
- artscphoto Los Angeles, CA
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookharmonyk Tonsberg, NO
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!