Teriyaki Chicken Mango Wasabi SaladFrom pierrekuhn 7 years ago
- rocket salad or mix of rocket / baby spinach for milder version shopping list
- 500g chicken thighs shopping list
- teriyaki marinade shopping list
- 1 ripe mango shopping list
- cherry tomatoes shopping list
- hand full of pine nuts shopping list
- butter shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- balsamic vinegar shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- wasabi shopping list
- salt, pepper shopping list
- sugar shopping list
- French mustard shopping list
- crusty bread shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate Chicken and set aside. It you can do this the night before thats great.. but at least an hour before. Leave out of fridge for an hour before cooking so chicken reaches room temperature. This will make it seal better in the pan.
- Prepare dressing and set aside.. half balsamic half olive oil. add half a teaspoon of mustard. French, German or Dijon are good. Salt, Pepper and Wasabi to taste.. make sure it gets up your nose well but not overpowering. Add enough sugar to balance the flavors. If your balsamico is very acid add a bit of water.. it's all about balance. This will make or break it!!
- Roast a hand full of pine nuts in a small saucepan with butter until dark gold. Low heat, stir constantly as they burn very easily. Set aside.
- Heat up pan and fry up marinated chicken. While this is happening wash salad divvy up on plates, add cherry tomatoes, slice mango in strips.
- When chicken done add into center of salad. Add mango strips around the chicken not on top. Add dressing over salad, not chicken and sprinkle the pine nuts all over it.
- Serve with crusty warm bread of your choice.. French stick goes well..