Tomato JamFrom pointsevenout 6 years ago
How to make it
- Scald, peel, core and quarter tomatoes-Squeeze out seeds and juice reserving only the pulp.
- Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 10 minutes-stirring frequently-uncovered.
- Measure-you want 3 cups of pulp.
- Put pulp, lemons and pectin in a large pot-stainless or enamel.
- Bring to a full boil stirring constantly.
- Add sugar and boil rapidly for another 3 min.
- Cool for 5 min, stirring often.
- Ladle into clean, hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
The Rating5 people
This looks really interesting and something I would like to try.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
wow! Have just made this with the glut of tomatoes from the garden. Was looking for a recipe that didn't have spices in and this one popped up. Had tomato jam on a recent holiday in Italy served with cheese it goes really well with riccota cheese......morebecc36 in loved it
Now here's a very unique recipe! Sounds so easy, too! My husband grows tomatoes, so I'll be definitely trying this out in season!juels in Clayton loved it