Lemon Cottage Cheese CheesecakeFrom vindee 7 years ago
- digestive biscuits - 100gms shopping list
- butter - 2 Tbsps (melted) shopping list
- cottage cheese - 3 cups (Made mine from 2 ltrs full cream milk) shopping list
- eggs - 2 shopping list
- yoghurt - 1/2 Cup (thick) shopping list
- Cream - 1/2 Cup (20% fat) shopping list
- sugar - 1 Cup shopping list
- flour - 3 Tbsps shopping list
- Lemon juice- 1/4 Cup shopping list
- lemon rind - 1 tsp shopping list
- lemon extract - 1 tsp shopping list
- vanilla essence - 1 tsp shopping list
- orange marmalade - 2 Tbsps shopping list
- cornflour - 1 tsp shopping list
- water - 2 tbsp shopping list
How to make it
- Grind the digestive biscuits to crumbs. Mix in the melted butter.
- Grease the bottom of a round springform cake tin (9" ).
- Make a base with the biscuit mix, pushing down firmly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 10mins on 160 Deg C.
- Keep aside, and leave the oven on.
- Blend the cottage cheese well in the blender till smooth. If you are making the cheese yourself, then its best blended warm.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and process till nicely smooth.
- At this point, you can take a cupful of the mix and mix in some yellow colour.
- Pour the remainder into the cake tin, and drizzle the yellow portion evenly across the tin. Marble gently with a skewer, keeping away from the base.
- Bake at 160deg for approx an hour till set.
- Meanwhile, put the marmalade in a pan on the fire, stir till runny.
- Mix the cornflour into the water, and pour into pan, mixing constantly.
- Pour this over the cheesecake while hot, and spread evenly.
- Refridgerate till chilled (best left overnight, but approx 6 hrs work well too)
- Can garnish will whipped cream if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookvindee Gurgaon, IN
The Rating6 people
I'll try this recipe soon, thanksnakedchef in Taichung loved it
Very very nice.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it