Pepes Filete Steak SalteadoFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 1 lb. of filet tenderloin of beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup of olive oil shopping list
- 2 chopped garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 spanish onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 red or orange pepper chopped shopping list
- 2 small chorizo sausages chopped shopping list
- 16 button mushroom, small whole shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 3 generous grinds of black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup of red wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup of tiny peas (frozen defrosted) shopping list
- parsley for garnish shopping list
- Prepared yellow rice (1/2 cup of rice/1 cup of chicken broth/pinch of saffron threads, salt and pepper) shopping list
How to make it
- Dice the filet in medium size chunks. (Filet is best because it is tender to start with, if you use a sirloin, you will need to braise the dish much longer to get the meat chunks tender)
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Brown the beef briefly, you want to leave it rare, just sear the outside edges.
- Add garlic, onion, red pepper, mushroom, chorizo slices, sprinkle of salt and pepper. Quick stir fry to soften the veggies.
- Add the wine, cook a couple of minutes to blend the flavors.
- Add peas and parsley
- Spoon over prepared yellow rice.
- Serves 2 in a hurry. Dig in!
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
This will be great for my next party!jencathen in loved it
I made this dish last night, and I have one word to sum it up: "Yum-tastic"!
I accidentally added too much chorizo (I tend to not read directions very well), and I don't know what it tastes like with less, but it was incredible with 1 lb....moremrs_stiltner in Leesburg loved it