Santa Fe SaladFrom dixiediner 7 years ago
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 small bottle Italian salad dressing shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 avocados shopping list
- lemon juice for dipping shopping list
- 1 package grape tomatoes, cut into halves shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 to 2 heads iceberg lettuce shopping list
- 1 large package corn chips, crushed shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the sour cream, Italian salad dressing, chili powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Cut the avocados into slices and dip in lemon juice. Add the avocado slices, tomatoes and kidney beans to the sour cream mixture and mix well.
- Marinate, covered for 3 to 12 hours.
- To serve, tear the lettuce into bite size pieces in a salad bowl.
- Add the desired amount of avacado mixture 1 spoonful at a time, tossing well after each addition.
- Add the crushed corn chips and toss well to mix.