Hidden Gold MooncakesFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 4c cooked glutinous rice flour (kao fun) shopping list
- 2c cold water shopping list
- 1 1/3c shortening shopping list
- 6c icing sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 4c desiccated coconut shopping list
- 12 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2c water shopping list
- ½c custard powder shopping list
- ½ milk powder shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- ½c butter shopping list
How to make it
- Mix icing sugar, water, cocoa powder and shortening well.
- Fold in rice flour and mix to a dough.
- Divide the dough into 30 portions. Set aside.
- Heat water and melt the sugar.
- Add desiccated coconut and stir to coat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Mix well and simmer on low heat for 45 minutes.
- Mould the filling into small, equal balls.
- Wrap a ball of filling with a portion of pastry.
- Roll into a ball and press into a mooncake mould (or a small container).
- Knock it out gently and keep in the refrigerator 2 hours or until ready to be served.
- They keep well for up to two weeks.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
So curious about these, they look/sound utterly fantastic. Will keep this and try to make this very soon. Thanks!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Party Food316 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits281 members
Copy Cat Recipes366 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members