Real Chinese Sweet Sour ChickenFrom cheffman 8 years ago
- MEAT shopping list
- 2 Lbs. chicken breast without skin, in 1 inch cubes shopping list
- BATTER shopping list
- 1 Cup AP flour shopping list
- 1/2 Cup cornstarch shopping list
- 2 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 Cup water shopping list
- 2 Tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- SAUCE shopping list
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar shopping list
- 4 Tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 16Oz Can chunk pineapple *Reserve syrup shopping list
- 1/2 Cup white vinegar shopping list
- 4 Tablespoon ketchup shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper cut in medium pieces shopping list
- 1 onion cut as the Bell pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook Sugar, Ketchup, Vinegar, Cornmeal and 2 Cups of Pineapple Syrup if necessary complete the 2 cups with water. Cook in medium stirring until it thickens without boiling. Drop in Pineapple chunks and reserve.
- With tongs, pass the chicken pieces by the batter and fry them at 375 F until golden and cook. Reserve
- When ready to serve, heat the sauce, put the Bell Pepper and Onion and allow to cook by approximately 5 minutes to soften.
- Sauce must have certain thickness so it remains in the chicken.
- The batter should also cover the chicken well.
The Cookcheffman Miami, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!