Southern Corn Meal FlapjacksFrom rosemaryblue 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups corn meal (I use white) shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soda shopping list
- 1 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 eggs, well beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salad oil shopping list
- NOTE: Give them a Southwest twist by may adding a little niblet corn, green chilies, or onion shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, corn meal, salt, and sugar.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk
- Add to corn meal mixture
- Add beaten eggs
- Add salad oil
- Mix well
- Cook on greased griddle or large iron skillet
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookrosemaryblue CollegeTown
The Rating3 people
lovin cornmeal flapjacks wonderful post thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I use this as my cornbread recipe. Excellant!
I also use it to make johnny cakes to eat with home made vegetable beef soup. Hmmm!peachcobbler in loved it
Cornmeal pancakes. Mother says they're good but couldn't eat a whole one.
See Southern Corn Meal Flapjacks# for more.
8/22/15pointsevenout in Athens loved it