Louisiana Rice DressingFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 2 lbs. of lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped onions shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped green peppers shopping list
- 1 cup of short grain rice shopping list
- 1 tsp of dry mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 shakes of worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 3-8 dashes of red hot Lousiana sauce. shopping list
How to make it
- Saute ground beef in large heavy saucepan, (momma's black cast iron works best) until well browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add half of the chopped ingredients and the seasonings.
- continue to cook over low heat for about an hour, keeping moist by adding a little water as needed.
- meanwhile, cook the rice (1 cup of rice/2 cups of water).
- After the beef has cooked for the hour, add the remaining chopped ingredients and cook 20 minutes more, again, adding a little water as necessary.
- When ready to serve, combine rice with the meat mixture and stir and serve at once.