New England Seafood ChowderFrom upstatevoyager 6 years ago
- 2 pounds haddock, cod or pollock filets ( or any firm flesh white fish) shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 8 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 8 ounces bay scallops, rinsed and patted dry shopping list
- 4 strips bacon, diced shopping list
- 2 medium sweet onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup clam juice shopping list
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 4 cups milk or half and half shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Dice fish flilets and place in Dutch oven. Add bay leaf.
- Cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and scallops. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Discard bay leaf. Set seafood aside.
- In same Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain.
- Add onion to Dutch oven and saute until tender.
- Stir in flour. Cook until bubbly.
- Gradually stir in reserved cooking liquid and clam juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, and cook until thickened.
- Reduce heat and add potatoes. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add milk or half and half, seafood, bacon, butter, parsley, salt, lemon-pepper, thyme and pepper.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!