Chicken CalabreseFrom kdbradley 6 years ago
- 2 pound chicken strips shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic ; minced shopping list
- 2 large peppers ; green or red shopping list
- 3 large baking potatoes ; peeled, and cut into 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley ; crushed shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rinse the chicken strips, and then pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the chicken pieces well on all sides.
- Add the garlic and peppers and sauté for a minute or two.
- In an ovenproof casserole dish, lightly oil the bottom, and then layer the potato slices to cover, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper.
- Place the browned chicken pieces over the potatoes.
- Season with more salt and pepper. Sprinkle the casserole with the parsley, and cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, place a bed of tender potato slices on each plate, and place a couple of the chicken pieces on top. Serve hot.