Lemon Icebox PieFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 6-ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate, completely thawed shopping list
- 8-ounce container whipped topping, thawed, divided shopping list
- yellow food coloring (optional) shopping list
- 1 prepared 9-inch pastry shell (I would use graham cracker crust) shopping list
How to make it
- Beat the softened cream cheese with an electric mixer, letting
- the mixer run for 3 or 4 minutes on high speed. It should be
- Lower mixer speed to medium and gradually add the sweetened
- condensed milk, lemonade concentrate and food coloring
- (see Note, below).
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, and gently fold in half of the
- topping. Reserve remaining half for garnish.
- Pour filling into a prepared pie shell, and chill for several
- hours until set.
- Serve pie with a dollop of whipped topping.
- Note: You only need 2 or 3 drops of food coloring, if you choose
- to use it.
- The result should be pale yellow -- not traffic light yellow.