BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUPFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- butternut squash SOUP shopping list
- 1 butternut squash, about 2 pounds shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Peel the squash and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, and then add squash, and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15- 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and puree the soup using an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender or food processor.
- Puree until smooth. Return to the heat, add the cream and adjust the seasonings.
People Who Like This Dish 43
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating13 people
I am getting addicted to butternut squash soup! This is the 4th I have tried.. it was wonderful.. liked the cumin. Going to make again and try sage an thyme in it... I make serve it for one meal and freeze the rest in serving size packages for lunc...morelinebb956 in La Feria loved it
I tried making this with Great success. Very tasty, and not too hard to make. Even for a beginner such as myself. Everyone who tried it raved about the flavor. Added a little more cumin than indicated, and really tasted great. Will definatley make it...morestewie in Winnipeg loved it
Lovely recipe, and thank you --- HIGH FIVER! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it