Home Fries 1From shirleyoma 9 years ago
- 4 large unpeeled idaho potatoes (about 10 ounces each), well scrubbed shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup) shopping list
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced Italian parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise and place them, cut side up, directly on the oven rack. Roast until the entire cut surface of the potatoes has a golden-brown crust and the tip of a paring knife easily pierces the underside, about 45 minutes. Let potatoes cool until they are easy to handle, then cut them into large dice; you should have about 8 cups.
- Melt butter with oil in a heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat. When mixture foams, add bell pepper and shallots. Continue cooking until vegetables are softened and edges are beginning to color, about 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, tossing to coat, and cook until heated through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Turn them only once or twice so that they have a chance to get crisp. Liberally season potatoes with salt and pepper, and toss with parsley.
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating4 people
Love Home Fries with Shallots! Great recipe! :)noir in Boston loved it
this is what call yummmmmmmmm!chezzane in loved it