Home Fries 1From shirleyoma 7 years ago
- 4 large unpeeled idaho potatoes (about 10 ounces each), well scrubbed shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup) shopping list
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced Italian parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise and place them, cut side up, directly on the oven rack. Roast until the entire cut surface of the potatoes has a golden-brown crust and the tip of a paring knife easily pierces the underside, about 45 minutes. Let potatoes cool until they are easy to handle, then cut them into large dice; you should have about 8 cups.
- Melt butter with oil in a heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat. When mixture foams, add bell pepper and shallots. Continue cooking until vegetables are softened and edges are beginning to color, about 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, tossing to coat, and cook until heated through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Turn them only once or twice so that they have a chance to get crisp. Liberally season potatoes with salt and pepper, and toss with parsley.
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating4 people
this is what call yummmmmmmmm!chezzane in loved it
Love Home Fries with Shallots! Great recipe! :)noir in Boston loved it