Crab And Shrimp EnchiladasFrom zarbizarre 9 years ago
- 12 6" flour tortillas shopping list
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 2 cups flaked blue crab meat - picked thru to remove shells shopping list
- 20 to 25 steamed medium shrimp, halved shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped (approx 1 cup) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups tomatillo salsa shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin powder shopping list
How to make it
- Heat an ungreased medium skillet over medium heat and soften tortillas one at a time for 15 seconds per side.
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 13x9 baking dish with Pam or some other nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine 3 cups of the cheese, the crabmeat, shrimp, onion, most of the Old bay (leave about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon to add to the salsa), and the 1/2 teaspoon cumin in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Spoon a 1/4 cup of the mixture on each tortilla.
- Fold the sides of the tortillas and then roll to enclose all the filling.
- Arrange seam side down in the baking dish.
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Stir in chicken broth gradually and cook stirring continually until sauce thickens.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Remove from heat and stir in the bell peppers and then spread over the enchiladas.
- Bake until bubbly - about 30 minutes or so.
- Take remaining Old Bay seasoning and mix it well with the tomatillo salsa, then pour it over the top of the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of cheese and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted, remove from oven and serve!