Homemade Curry PowderFrom zarbizarre 8 years ago
- 4 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cumin seed shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cardamom seed without the pods shopping list
- 1/2 inch stick cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients in a blender for 2 to 3 minutes until finely powdered.
- Store in airtight container in a dark place.
- Makes about a 1/4 cup or so of curry powder.
The Cookzarbizarre Crofton, MD
The Rating4 people
Great post - I too prefer to make my own curry powder and will try this one soon.sunny in Portland loved it
Didn't have a recipe and like you, don't care much for prepackaged anything! Thanks.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
I trialled this blend on my family last night. They loved it -not too spicy.Sasmasa in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!