Lions Head Meatballs In Spicy Coconut SauceFrom pointsevenout 6 years ago
- SPICY coconut SAUCE: shopping list
- 1/2c light coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2c soy milk shopping list
- 2T Thai fish sauce shopping list
- 2T fresh ginger, peeled, minced shopping list
- 1T green onions, chopped shopping list
- 2t hot red chile, minced shopping list
- MEATBALLS: shopping list
- 1# ground round or ground pork shopping list
- 1/3c green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/4c water chestnuts, chopped shopping list
- 2T cornstarch shopping list
- 1T all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1T fresh ginger, peeled, minced shopping list
- 1T soy sauce, low-sodium shopping list
- 1T dark sesame oil shopping list
- 1t hot red chile, minced shopping list
- 1/4t salt shopping list
- 1T vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4c fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 1T lemon rind, grated shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare sauce, combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- To prepare meatballs, combine ground pork and next 9 ingredients in a large bowl, and shape mixture into 8 meatballs. Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook 7 minutes, browning on all sides. Drain well.
- Place sauce in a large sauce pan; bring to boil over a medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes. Garnish with basil and rind.
- Serving size: 1 meatball and 3 tablespoons sauce; 297 calories; 20% from fat.
- WINE NOTE: With their gingery spiciness, these meatballs are just waiting for a superfruity red wine that's low in tannin. Zinfindel fits the bill beautifully. Try Dry Creek Vinyard's Reserve Zinfindel (about $30). It's a big, mouth filling fruit bomb with loads of blackberry, blueberry, and boysenberry flavors. Dry Creek's less expensive Zin, Old Vines, is a great bet for about $21.
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
The Rating4 people
These sound amazing! Love the combo of ingredients in the coconut sauce, and an interesting addition of water chestnuts in the meatballs! Bookmarked and will try soon!juels in Clayton loved it
Thanks for accepting the friendship invite!
These meatballs look like lovely stuff!
Thanks for posting this recipe, this is a definite must-try.
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
PS A great 'mane' course...sitbynellie in Glasgow loved it