ZabaglioneFrom oldgringo 8 years ago
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1/4 cup hot water shopping list
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry marsala wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped shopping list
- 1 8-inch ready made butter Crumb or Oreo pie crust shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Stir the gelatin into the hot water and set aside to soften.
- Separate the eggs into whites and yolks.
- Whip the whites with the salt to stiff peaks and refrigerate until needed.
- Prepare the custard in a double boiler to prevent curdling the eggs. Beat the yolks lightly in the top pan; adding in the sugar and milk.
- Heat, without boiling for about ten minutes or until the back of a spoon is coated with the custard.
- Remove the custard from heat and stir in the geletin; chilling over an ice-water bath util the custard thickens.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream and refrigerate until needed.
- When the custard has thickened and cooled, add the Marsala wine and blend well.
- Gently fold the whipped egg white and whipped cream into the custard, stopping as soon as the custard smoothes out and becomes homogeneous,
- Spread the custard evenly into the pie crust and chill for 2 hours or until you are redy to serve.
- Garnish the top with freshly ground nutmeg and serve.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating2 people
Oohhhh yummy! Wish I could make it right this minute. Thank you for posting.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
This really melts in your mouth...finally got around to making this appreciated bby all!tymystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
First learned how to make this hmmmm, 30 years ago, and it is still a favorite. Delightful.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it