Apache Cheese DipFrom siksikaboy 6 years ago
- 1 round loaf adobe bread shopping list
- 16 oz. sharp grated cheese shopping list
- 1 block (8oz) cream cheese shopping list
- 1 tub (8 oz) sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup of green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 4 1/2 oz cans of chopped green chilies shopping list
- 1 lb game sausage; chopped shopping list
How to make it
- After cutting the top off the round loaf of bread, clean out the inside.
- Although we use native adobe bread any hard crusted round loaf (9 1nches) can be used. Mix together in a bowl all of the other ingredients. We have used both elk and buffalo sausage. If no game sausage can be found you can substitute any dry sausage or good smoked ham. After placing the bread on a cookie sheet, fill the cavity of the bread 'bowl' and replace the bread lid. Bake for 1 hour at 350°. The 'bowl' will be very stiff. Remove the lid and stir the ingredients. Serve with fry bread or the bread taken from inside the loaf.
- Contributor: Burning Tree Native Grill
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooksiksikaboy Browning, MT
- Not added to any groups yet!