Easy Butter Chicken Or Chicken Tikka MasalaFrom jencathen 7 years ago
- spice Blend: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garam masala seasoning (get at asian food market) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground methi/fenugreek (if you can't find at asian market order online) shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes in juice shopping list
- 1 skinless rotisserie chicken, boned out and pulled into chunks shopping list
- 1 (10 oz) box frozen peas, thaw under running water shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup ground unsalted cashews (only used as thickening agent if needed) shopping list
- Hot basmati rice, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Mix spice blend together in small bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until just beginning to turn gold, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste and spice blend, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, stir well.
- Add chicken and bring to a simmer.
- Turn heat to low and cook uncovered until chicken is warmed through, about 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Shake excess water from peas. Add the peas and cream to the pan. Stir well and heat through. Do not boil.
- Note: If sauce isn't thick enough. Add 1/4 cup of finely ground unsalted cashews.20
People Who Like This Dish 34
The Cookjencathen TX
The Rating8 people
Jen, I made this tonight for dinner. I started from raw chicken breasts rather than a whole, cooked chicken and I adjusted the seasonings and tomatoes a bit to suit my taste, but it was a wonderful base recipe! Like you, that's all I usually use a ...moreauntybea in Vernon loved it
I didn't have any fenugreek but it stii tasted wonderful!jthorton in Canton loved it