Salmon CroquettesFrom dugger 7 years ago
- 2 Tablespoons light butter shopping list
- 5 Tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 Cup canned salmon, cleaned shopping list
- 1/2 Cup milk shopping list
- 2 Large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 Cup bread Crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 Cup cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1 Can cream of mushroom soup or Ketchup (optional) shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- Clean the salmon, break it apart and remove any skin or gristle.
- Melt the butter, add flour and blend together. Stir in the milk gradually and cook 5 minutes over medium heat until the mixture is thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add the salmon and 1 well beaten egg and bread crumbs. Mix thoroughly and chill for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Form the mixture into croquettes, dip in the other egg and roll in cracker crumbs.
- Pour about 1/4 inch of cooking oil and bring to medium high heat for frying. Fry croquettes for 3 to 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Heat the soup for a sauce, or use ketchup.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating5 people
I grew up eating this. Your version is great with
salad and mashed taters ;>)helewes in Newton loved it
Looks great! I'll be trying this one soon.coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it
I made these last night for my daughter and myself. Good recipe. Thanks for posting.coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it