Italian Stuffed ZucchiniFrom softgrey 9 years ago
- 4 medium zucchini halved lengthwise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons regular olive oil (not extra virgin) shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely minced onions shopping list
- 3 large cloves garlic shopping list
- 3 eggs beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional) shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh chopped basil (crucial!) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon plain bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Scoop out inside of zucchini.
- Chop scooped zucchini into bits and cook in oil with onions and garlic until onions are soft.
- Combine sautéed ingredients with tomatoes cheese, herbs, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Fill each zucchini with mixture and dust with breadcrumbs and some extra cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes in a lightly oiled glass baking dish.