Simple Cranberry SauceFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
How to make it
- Heat the cranberries over medium heat, covered with the maple syrup by at least 1/2 inch until the berries pop and soften.
- Lower heat to very low, add the bourbon, cook 10 minutes more.
- Cool at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- Cranberries: "The Indians and English use them much, boyling them with Sugar for Sauce to eat with their Meat, and it is a delicious sauce."
- John Josselyn, while visiting New England in 1663
People Who Like This Dish 9
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- tracydiziere Phoenix, AZ
- snufflebunny15 Tierra Verde, FL
- jakartainflames Jakarta, Indonesia
- lrpoulson Fairmont, MN
- saavedra Iowa City, IA
- noir Boston, MA
- mrslava Staten Island, NY
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔