Meat On A Stick Or Miaso Na PatechkyFrom lor 7 years ago
- Makes about 32 skewers shopping list
- 1 lb./500g boneless pork loin or leg shopping list
- 1 lb./500g boneless veal leg shopping list
- salt and pepper to your liking shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- a dash of OXO instant chicken seasoning or Mrs. Dash shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. each of seasoned salt, paprika, onion and garlic powder shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Cut pork and veal into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes, then slice cubes in half.
- Season with salt, pepper and mix in garlic.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Pour oil over 4 inch (10 cm) wooden skewers and rub to coat.
- Use 2 or 3 cubes of meat for each skewer and thread each cube onto a skewer twice.
- Press meat with hand to make more uniform.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, bread crumbs, OXO powdered chicken seasoning, seasoned salt, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat an egg.
- Dip meat skewers into beaten egg, then into bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Discard any extra egg or crumb mixture.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown skewers of meat in batches, turning often, until browned all over.
- Place browned skewers into a 13 x 9 inch (3.5 L) glass baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake in 300°F (150°C) oven for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Variation: Use chicken instead of veal and pork. Don’t combine chicken with veal or pork, since the cooking time varies.
- These can also be grilled.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating8 people
I don't know who the nasty person was that gave you such a low rating because these are delicious. I made them with chicken and it's a good thing I prepared lots because they were very popular. Thanks for this recipe Lor.chacha in New York loved it
Oh, these are wonderful! Great posting!elgab89 in Toronto loved it