Polish Kielbasa And SlawFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds smoked kielbasa shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon salad oil or olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar or white wine shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon caraway or cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 package (1 lb.) coleslaw mix shopping list
- mustard, country, dijon or hearty variety shopping list
- Note:I like to double this recipe. shopping list
How to make it
- Cut sausage into 3 to 4 inch pieces.
- Pour oil into a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add sausages and cook, turning often, until cooked through.
- Lift sausages from pan, drain and keep warm on a serving plate.
- To the same pan, add the onion and saute until soft.
- Add vinegar, sugar, and cumin seeds; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen pan drippings.
- Remove pan from heat and add coleslaw mix.
- Mix lightly to coat with onion mixture.
- At this point you can serve OR I prefer to cook it a little longer until the cabbage is softened more.
- Either way is good.
- Spoon coleslaw alongside sausages.
- Offer mustard to add to taste. About 4 servings.
- *Note: If you have access to any type of homemade kielbasa-either from a meat market or a butcher, use that instead. The difference is amazing. If you aren't sure, call around to a few places and ask if they sell smoked kielbasa that is homemade.