Pork And Cabbage - HalushkiFrom lor 7 years ago
- 3 pounds pork chops shopping list
- Note: You can use smoked sausage or kielbasa in place of pork chops shopping list
- 1-1/2 - 2 cups flour, mixed with 2 tsp. garlic powder, 2 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. cumin, salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 head of cabbage, either cut into chunks or thickly sliced shopping list
- 1 pound large egg noodles shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of butter shopping list
- a pinch of caraway seeds tossed into the cabbage water (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Shake pork chops in a plastic bag with flour, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Place them in a LARGE greased sauce pan or a LARGE deep skillet and fry until browned and cook completely.
- Add chopped onion during the last 10-15 minutes of cooking.
- It is fine if the pork chops stick a little, as the scrapings are necessary in this dish.
- When they are done, remove chops and onions and set aside.
- Add a little water to the saucepan or skillet and mix up the drippings/scrapings a bit.
- Place cabbage into the pot, and allow to cook down completely.
- In a separate large saucepan, boil the egg noodles until cooked to your liking.
- Drain noodles and mix in butter.
- Cut up the pork chops into chunks and set aside.
- When the cabbage has cooked down, add pork and cooked noodles and mix completely adding more butter if you wish.
- Note: You require a LARGE skillet or dutch oven for this recipe.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating10 people
I love this and fix it during the winter months, I thought it was a German recipe cause my mom fixed allot of German things... I love it!!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Oh my gosh, you've got some great recipes. I had something like this at one of my neighbors parties. They are from Europe and the food served was delicious. Thanks for a great 5 recipe.peepers in loved it
Wonderful recipe but I don't understand who gave you such a poor rating. I remember this recipe as a child and you deserve 5 forks.chacha in New York loved it