Italian Wedding SoupFrom ravenseyes 6 years ago
- 3 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1 medium onion diced shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely diced carrot shopping list
- 1 10 oz package chopped spinach (frozen) shopping list
- 12 cups of chicken stock (homemade or college inn) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp basil shopping list
- 1 tsp italian spice shopping list
- 2 cups un cooked pastini ( small pearl like pasta) shopping list
- Meatballs: shopping list
- 2 lbs extra lean beef (I used ground chicken or turkey at times) shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion grated shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated parmasan cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare your meatballs first, mixing all the ingrediants listed under meatballs - form into small meatballs - less than 1/2" in diameter.
- Place into a frying pan and cook till 3/4 done or a nice brown coating is developed.
- Place on paper towels to drain any fats. Remove all fats from the pan and deglaze the frying pan with 1 cup of chicken stock. Reserve this stock.
- In a large soup pot add 1 tbsp olive oil, add onions, garlic and carrot. Saute till tender. Approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add your chicken stock, basil, italian spice and oregano. Allow 10 minutes of simmer time.
- Add frozen spinach and allow to melt into soup. Cook for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add meatballs, and reserved stock from deglazing the fry pan.
- Cook your pastini to el dente. Add to soup.
- Serve with fresh grated Parmasan Reggiano cheese.
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating7 people
I LOVE Italian Wedding soup and could probably eat it everyday and never grow tired of it. I like to use escarole instead of spinach. Thanks for the yummy recipe! (P.S. My in-laws live in Tom's River)leroux in Surfside Beach loved it
A favorite in my home! Excellent! :)noir in Boston loved it
This is one of my favorite soups and this sounds like a wonderful recipe. I will have to adapt it slighly - I am allergic to wheat but with a few adjustments I know it will be awesome! Thanks for the 5 post!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!