Cafe Winberies Toll House Pie RecipeFrom henrie 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour PLUS shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup walnut pieces* shopping list
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided shopping list
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep-dish pie shell shopping list
How to make it
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer at high speed for 3 minutes. Stop mixer and add flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat at high speed for 3 minutes. Stop mixer again and scrape down the beaters and the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add butter. Beat at high speed for 3 minutes. Again turn mixer off and scrape beaters and bowl. Then beat again at high speed for 2 minutes. Fold in walnuts and half of the chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into pie shell, spreading it evenly to the edges. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
- *Pecans can be substituted for Walnuts.
- You'll need the patience of a saint, but wait until the pie has completely cooled before serving. It crumbles when sliced warm. Serve with cold, fresh whipped cream.