Red Eye GravyFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
How to make it
- All you need is some country ham and a cup of coffee
- Cook Thick cut country ham approximately 10-12 minutes per side on medium heat.
- turn your slices and continue turning until all the slices are brown. Remove country ham to platter.
- Turn heat up a bit and add to the drippings 1/4 cup of perked coffee per slice of ham and let simmer a couple of minutes.
- Red Eye Gravy at its best!
- To be served over hot grits, eggs, biscuits, or the ham slices.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
Good one Jm and as always a 55555 from me!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Yummy! This is so good! Love it on grits! And country ham.... Just thinking about it.... ah, ecstasy! Can you tell I'm Southern or what?!wdsdy in loved it
What kind of Southener would I be if I didn't give this a big 5 stars. This is the down home way it's made in the south....Thanks..redkitchen in Murfreesboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!