Cabbage SoupFrom ravenseyes 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots shopping list
- 1 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 1 cup diced onions shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic smashed shopping list
- 8 cups of cubed potatoes shopping list
- 8 cups shredded nappa cabbage shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh chopped tomato added only at the end shopping list
- 14 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 4 cups shredded chicken shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp allspice shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- If you have any left over chicken that you have baked - use the leftover meat and the bones to make your stock. If not use a good low sodium, low fat stock, my favorites are college inn and swanson.
- In a large pot add your stock and vegetables (not including your tomatoes) allow to come to fork done. Approximately 40 minutes.Add chicken meat, salt, pepper to taste, allspice, thyme and parsley. Cook for 20 minutes. Add tomatoes and allow to simmer for 30 minutes. Add sugar and vinegar and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 30
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!