Potato Salad Indian StyleFrom sunny 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pound red or new potatoes, scrubbed & cut into 1/2" dice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp toasted cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 tbsp garam masala shopping list
- 2/3 cup nonfat yogurt shopping list
- 3 to 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tomato, seeded & cut into 1/2" dice shopping list
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Place the potatoes in a large sauce pan and cover them with cold water.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil, then reduce the heat and let them simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until they are tender yet firm.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, rinse with cold water to cool a little, drain and then place them in a large bowl.
- While the potatoes are boiling, lightly toast the cumin seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Stir the garam masala, lemon juice and yogurt together and then mix in with potatoes. Let the mixture cool completely.
- Shortly before serving mix in the tomato, onion, salt, pepper and half the cilantro. Season to taste with the lemon juice, masala, and salt.
- Place the salad on its platter or serving bowl. Sprinkle it with the remaining cilantro and cumin seeds and serve.