Babas Authentic Polish HaluskiFrom cherihannah 7 years ago
How to make it
- In large bowl:
- Add mashed potatoes, eggs and blend thoroughly.
- Add enough flour with a little salt in to knead into a soft pliable dough that will not stick.
- Make into rolls and slice in about 1 inch pieces
- drop into boiling water and boil about 12 min.
- To test for doneness, break one open with fork after you take out of boiling water.
- Drain in small hole colander. (You can rinse if you prefer. I don't)
- While boiling the dumplings, sautee (in large fry pan )butter ,cabbage and onions until golden brown.
- Add drained dumplings to fry pan and fry a little longer .Mix it all well while frying but don't overdo so dumplings stay together.
The Cookcherihannah Shickshinny, PA
The Rating4 people
mmmmmmmmm..Love this.. You got my 5!blondie80 in -Lake Villa loved it
great recipe! love cabbage! :-)tazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it
Looks very good. Thanks and here's my 5.bojangles42 in Rochester loved it