Babas Authentic Polish HaluskiFrom cherihannah 9 years ago
How to make it
- In large bowl:
- Add mashed potatoes, eggs and blend thoroughly.
- Add enough flour with a little salt in to knead into a soft pliable dough that will not stick.
- Make into rolls and slice in about 1 inch pieces
- drop into boiling water and boil about 12 min.
- To test for doneness, break one open with fork after you take out of boiling water.
- Drain in small hole colander. (You can rinse if you prefer. I don't)
- While boiling the dumplings, sautee (in large fry pan )butter ,cabbage and onions until golden brown.
- Add drained dumplings to fry pan and fry a little longer .Mix it all well while frying but don't overdo so dumplings stay together.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookcherihannah Shickshinny, PA
The Rating4 people
mmmmmmmmm..Love this.. You got my 5!blondie80 in -Lake Villa loved it
great recipe! love cabbage! :-)tazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it
Looks very good. Thanks and here's my 5.bojangles42 in Rochester loved it