Spiced Rum Sauteed MushroomsFrom alaskanmom 8 years ago
How to make it
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add mushrooms and saute over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Take skillet off of burner, add rum and continue to saute another 5 minutes or so.
- **To avoid a big flame flare up, make sure the skillet is off of the burner when adding the rum, the alcohol will burn.
- If you want to have the flame, do so by using a long Bic Lighter(my husband likes to use his little hand torch) while skillet is off the burner, light it, then return to the burner, and eventually the flame will burn off.
- Serve over steaks, inside a stuffed burger(or ontop) or eat em' alone
The Cookalaskanmom Wasilla, AK
The Rating2 people
just got some fresh mushrooms from the mushroom plant portabello and this sounds like a perfect way to enjoy them .. now all i need is a few good steaks.and a bottle of the captin.thanks meganmaywest in Tangerine loved it
I love this. My husband will too, I've got a lot of Chanterelles to use up, so maybe right away I had better get on this recipe!
also sounds like these mushrooms would go great inside a steak wrap with peppers. Yummmmmm.invisiblechef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!