Ground Beef And Potato CasseroleFrom lor 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds lean or medium ground beef or turkey shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, shredded shopping list
- 2 celery stalks, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 heaping Tablespoon Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes or a dash of Tobasco Sauce shopping list
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup white or red wine (if you don't want to use wine, then low sodium beef or vegetable stock works very well) shopping list
- 1 beef bouillon packet or cube shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons half-and-half shopping list
- 4-5 potatoes, peeled and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a casserole dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly brown. Remove beef from skillet, reserving juices, and set aside.
- Mix in the olive oil, and saute the green pepper, garlic, onion, carrot, and celery until tender.
- Return beef/turkey to skillet, and season with paprika, black pepper, pepper flakes. cinnamon and cumin.
- Stir in water and white or red wine until heated through.
- Dissolve the beef bouillon cube or granulated beef from packet into the mixture.
- Remove skillet from heat, and mix in the half-and-half.
- Layer the bottom of the prepared casserole dish with enough potato slices to cover.
- Place the beef and vegetable mixture over the potatoes, and top with remaining potatoes.
- Cook, covered, 50 minutes in a preheated oven, or until the potatoes are tender.
People Who Like This Dish 61
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating14 people
Wow, I haven't prepared this yet but from what Conner has mentioned, I'm going to very soon. Thanks for this great recipe.peepers in loved it
This recipe sounds like comfort food all the way. I'm in the mood for something like this and I know my family will enjoy it big time. Thanks for sharing.laadeedaa in loved it
I like this very much and i will make it soon Thank you for a recipe that is like how we make back homeborinka in Bratislava Region loved it