Homemade KahluaFrom annastasia 9 years ago
How to make it
- In a large stainless pot bring the water, sugar, and coffee to a boil VERY SLOWLY on medium heat or less.
- STIR CONSTANTLY so that the sugar doesn't stick (or it will taste burnt).
- When the liquid begins to boil, count actual boiling time of 10 to 12 SECONDS.
- You may need to lift the pot from the burner if it starts to boil over, but deduct this time from the boiling time of 10-12 secs.)
- Let cool to room temperature after adding the vanilla bean pieces.
- Skim foam off the top after it's cooled down.
- Add brandy and stir well.
- Pour into bottles.
- Add vanilla pieces to the bottles.
- Screw caps loosely on the bottles and leave them that way for 8 days.
- Shake each bottle vigorously once a day.
- After 8 days, tighten the caps and let sit for at least 22 or more days.
- If you can resist, the longer the bottles sit the better the kahlua will taste
The Cookannastasia Victoria, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!