Veggie pattyFrom jmom 10 years ago
- 2 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 potato (I use Idaho), grated shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, grated shopping list
- 1 sweet potato, grated shopping list
- 1 zucchini, grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup broccoli, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour (I use wheat) shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Grate the potato, carrot, sweet potato and zucchini (I use a food mandolin to get matchstick-thin pieces). These are the vegetables I use but feel free to eliminate or substitute with whatever you have on hand.
- Place in a bowl with broccoli and mix well.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible by taking a handful of the veggie mix and squeezing it over sink (I do one handful at a time and transfer into a separate bowl).
- Add flour, salt & pepper and garlic powder to the squeezed vegetables. Mix well.
- Set pan on medium heat and add olive oil.
- With hands, make patties about the 2 to 3 inches in diameter and add to pan.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side until patties are crisp and golden brown.
- Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookjmom Madison, WI
The Rating3 people
I made these last night, they were GREAT! I have a very finiky little guy that wrinkles his nose anytime there is veggies on his plate. He loved these and even had a half of a second helping. I was very impressed. Thanks for sharing this.chefg in Roswell loved it