Honey Baked LentilsFrom julesong 9 years ago
- 2 1/3 cups lentils (1 lb) shopping list
- 1 small bay leaf shopping list
- 5 cups water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup honey shopping list
How to make it
- In a dutch oven or saucepan combine lentils, bay leaf, 5 cups water and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine dry mustard, ginger, soy sauce, onions and 1 cup water.
- Add to lentils.
- Pour honey on top.
- Cover tightly.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve over rice.