Turtle CookiesFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- cookies shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Turtle Topping shopping list
- 30 caramels shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cream or whole milk shopping list
- 12 ounce bag milk chocolate chips, melted shopping list
- whole pecans (4 per cookie) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together oil, butter, both sugars and eggs; beat well.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and vanilla.
- Cover bowl and chill dough 2 hours or more.
- Roll dough into balls about 1½ inches around.
- Place balls on cookie sheet, a couple inches apart, and press flat with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 350 until light brown, about 8 minutes or so.
- Remove cookies from pan and cool completely on waxed paper.
- For the topping, melt caramels with milk.
- Melt chocolate chips in another dish.
- Have the whole pecans ready in a bowl.
- When cookies are cooled, swirl the melted caramel mixture onto the center of the cookie and not quite out to the edges.
- Place a dollop of melted chocolate in the center of the caramel swirl area.
- Place 4 whole pecans around the swirled caramel area, to look like the feet.
- Allow turtles to set several hours to dry out some before storing them in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers.
- NOTE: the "trick" to making these look right, is to make your cookies large enough (or your pecans small enough!) so that the pecans don't "hang over" the outer edge of the cookies - the pecan should meet the edge as close as possible, while the other end of the pecan just barely touchs the outer edge of the chocolate swirl in the center of the caramel.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating6 people
OMG these sound sooooooooooooo good, I'm making them for the holidays if not sooner. Thank you so much for this post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Krum, yer hurtin' me again! Don't you know the rules??? If it makes you fat it's GOTTA be hard to make with a list of ingredients longer than both my arms, from at least 4 countires! THAT'S how we STAY on our diets... I'm with NYMomma, these are leth...morekukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
Oh good here is the one I have been waiting for my entire life=0)lol...My husband will adore u for sharing this recipe. He loves anything that says turtle in the recipe! Thanks Krum..Im thinking I will make these on Sunday!Michellemichellem in Idaho loved it