Chocolate Brioche French ToastFrom pink 6 years ago
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 loaf of egg, white, or brioche bread, in 1/2-inch-thick slices shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- Place the cream and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave until the chocolate is soft, about 1 minute.
- Stir to combine. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, vanilla and chocolate mixture. **(The mixture may be made ahead to this point.
- Cover, and refrigerated overnight.
- Give it a good stir before using.)**
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through to coat well.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Cook 2 or 3 slices of bread at a time, until the bread is toasted and firm. Sprinkle each slice generously with confectioners' sugar.
- Turn over, and cook until crisp. Serve warm.